Thursday, January 05, 2006

Holy Cow, I have never seen that color before

“Holy Cow, I have never seen that color before”

Lauren Carroll
My three year old daughter on seeing her first sunset yesterday

Everyone is bothering me about when I am getting my three year old her first computer. Being the daughter of a geek would seem to make her an early candidate for her own computer not to mention her own case of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. I made the decision to wait on the computer as we both looked at the sunset yesterday. It was a particularly beautiful one as shades of purple and pink mingled to serve up a wonderful palette of colors. She asked me if she could touch it and I told her that if we touched it would disappear, she was surprisingly ok with this answer and sat next to me and continued to enjoy the ‘new colors’

If she had her own computer, I wonder if we would have had the opportunity to share that moment.

No comments: